Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Untitled Poem: This is Not a Love Poem 53

Untitled Poem subtitled
this is not a love poem number 53

There is a man in my chest
where my heart use to be.

He is a natural born patriot
with blue and red veins
running through his frosted white skin.

He has a dark belly full of moths,
and they flutter from the shutter
of my eye lids when I catch light
of the sunshine in your smile.

And like every man,
the one in my chest has responsibilities
far greater than himself

He runs a 24 hour convenient store
selling every emotion under the moon
Like an apothecary turned street hustler

From late night lunar love
to his needed nocturnal canoodling,
he continues to remind me why
the angles envy us so much

You see we are one of God's
most underrated inventions.
And he created the human body special
with certain things in pairs for a reason.

Like lungs, one for breathing and one for wheezing.
and only asthma patients know what I'm talking about
because we are the only humans forced to use both.

Your eyes, one for seeking and one for peeking
Because while we are on the quest for love
its ok for us to be distracted by the crave of lust

But as for the heart, we were only meant to have one.
Because if I had two, then it would be true
that the man in my chest has moths that flutter for you
and another woman at the same time...

but he is the fine line between reality and fantasy
and I don't want you drifting to close to the edge
at this moment of vulnerability

So let me offer you this moment of clarity,
Cuz the sun is another underrated invention
that never receives honorable mention

And that ball of ultraviolet light, is strapped tight
To your happiness, it is trapped in your joy,
bound to the one thing
that still keeps us connected

Yet you are choosing to shed light on a
distant part of our universe
that was meant to stay in darkness forever

So come back to the real world
where you and still I love each other
like tomorrow has to be a miracle

Because even Superman needs the sun
to survive in these times.
And although I may act a little retarded every once in a while
the S on my chest doesn't quite stand for stupid just yet

See your smile is in direct relation
to the sunrise on Love's horizon
and I cant remember the last time my pupils were dilated

But My heart chooses to sell emotion
because he doesn't require sunlight like I do.
And he doesn't mind trading my hugs for hypocritical hopelessness
and my kisses for your cursed insults

So remind the man in my chest there
is something brighter than moonlight
blast him with L-UV rays
and bring the moths in his belly back to life again

Just give the them one more chance to flap their wings
Cuz the hate from your tongue is the only reason
that they are eclipsed to darkness

This is my heart but I want you
to love him like he was yours.
and prove to me that you remember
how to make the sun kiss the horizon

ask me to draw a flower
and I will paint you a garden

Just turn up the corners of your mouth
bring his belly back to life
and dont you ever stop smiling again...


(c)2009 Johnny Alfredo

5 comments:

  1. very nice. i like L- UV rays and yes i want you to paint me a garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dope... I wanna say I've heard some of this before but amazing like always, my dude...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah man,i initially used some of it in another poem, but I scrapped it and made this instead. Thanks everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm...I really enjoyed this Alfredo!! Will be back to read it again tomorrow, and I'm sure I will find something else to say...until then...keep writing black man <3

    -j

    ReplyDelete