Saturday, June 13, 2009

What kinda Poet is You???

I was having a conversation with friend, who is a PR for a poetry group, the other day and he was describing different poets that he wants to book for future shows. He kept saying things like, "...yea he is a real Political Poet" and "...she is more of an Erotica Poet." This sparked the question in my own head of, what kind of poet am I? I wasn't really sure at the time when I initially asked myself and I was afraid to ask my friend because he may have been confused as well. So I took my time and really pondered on it. I do poetry about all topics from love to politics. I have yet to write a funny poem so I cant be a Comedic Poet. Then it hit me, even though all of my poems are about different things, they all take the same approach at describing their subject matter. All of my poems come in the form of a second or third person story. Not too many things happen in my life that I can find inspirational enough to write about so I usually stay away from first person poetry, but I always find myself fascinated with the lives of others. So there it is, if you ever want to describe me as a poet, just say that I am a StoryTeller.

1 comment:

  1. I think that is the perfect category for you!
    Also a good question to ponder on!

    ReplyDelete