Thursday, June 4, 2009

New Arsenal???

Consistency Consistency Consistency! I'm working on it.

So last week I mentioned a new poem, which is just about done, but I failed to inform you that it wasn't my only project. That's right, I am actually working on TWO(2) new poems for my up and coming show. That's right, on June 20th Johnny Alfredo will be featured in a poetry showcase, alongside fellow poet Brandon Dawson aka Future, called HiStory. The show Dawson and myself will be opening up for the headlining poet Life and will tell us HiStory. So yes I am definitely excited about that gig. I also realized that although I have been feeling like I haven't been writing as much as I should, I actually have completed quite a few poems over the past couple months. I guess since every time I get on the mic I end up spitting classics, I just overlooked all the new joints. Nevertheless, my new poems will be getting exposure on the 20th and right now I am actually on a head hunt for any and every local poetry slam. With the up and coming birth of my latest projects plus the unreleased pieces I have, I just may have a new arsenal for the slam scene...

Excerpt from another new piece:
"...There is a man in my chest where my heart use to be.
He is a natural born patriot
with blue and red veins
running through his white skin.
He has a dark belly full of moths,
and they flutter from the shutter
of my eye lids when I catch light
of the sunshine in your smile..."

No comments:

Post a Comment