Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Random Word: Conundrum???

Conundrum

To which ever Political Science instructor it may concern:

terrorism is just a cliched conundrum
that the government uses to keep us taking aspirin.
just an infinite sized rubiks cube
the world is too lazy to solve.

You call me subversive
because I refuse to believe the lies
Ted Turner forced feeds my generation
But in generations,
You'll be force feeding these lies
back to a mouth that no longer has an appetite

Lets just spread the truth now
so we dont have to search for it later
because im tired of digging through these bodies
looking for a corpse
with the answers to yesterdays problems.

9/11 isnt a myth
But the Al-Qaeda could pose for a good synonym
And now I cant celebrate Mother's birthday
outside the gates of cemetery

Yet i'm expected to keep quite
and just pop a few aspirins to maintain equilibrium
And hope the 4 walls of my house are thick enough
to block the incoming nuclear missiles

Too bad I write poetry though.

2 comments:

  1. "...i'm tired of digging through these bodies
    looking for a corpse
    with the answers to yesterdays problems..."

    Those were my favorite lines... another dope one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I am late... But in all honesty I was reading a book of random words today and the word Conundrum came up. I wasn't sure how it could fit into a poem but you definately pulled it off!! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete